Over the course of my course there has been a lot of ups and downs, as with any pivotal time in any life ever. I created this blog to have an outlet to discuss how I was feeling about my project and what I was doing, it started really well, but like most things, the required repetition of dedication meant that I tailed off towards the end.
At the start of the unit, I realised that it was important to me to have some sort of cover, working in a classroom is stressful, it’s hard to feel secure about the work being done while also feeling inferior and like no one wants you there, so I set up a “fake project” by picking the most ridiculous theme I could – Aprons. This was so that I could just print things off, write about them in my book and discuss these things with my tutors while simultaneously working on my own private project which was what I really wanted to be doing.
It’s hard to say why exactly I felt like I had to keep this project secret, I just felt I would do better that way… In the end, it really didn’t make a difference, the whole idea of a “fake” project didn’t really work because like always I stopped putting enough effort in about 2 months before the end of the project, and I really had no idea how to link the work I was producing as a result of my private project to the work in my book.
This has turned into a bit of a #confession but in the unlikely event anyone reads this, now you have a brief window into the workings of my mind regarding my fmp.
In the end, I pulled it together and have finished all the work to achieve the full extended diploma in Art&Design, it was a big push which I am thankful to my tutors and myself for getting through.
Wish me luck for a better next time.